In the heart of the mountains: be active & relax in a natural paradise
Your summer holiday in Obertauern
In Obertauern at an altitude of 1,600 m the alpine summer presents itself from is best side. The panoramic view of countless peaks, the pleasant temperatures and the unspoilt nature, which you can still find in many spots here, make your summer holiday in Salzburger Land a great experience. Lace up your walking boots, jump into the saddle of your bike or travel up on the cable car to Bobby’s Adventure World and the blue mountain lakes. Here pleasure-seekers, sports enthusiasts and little holiday-makers are all catered for. You can leave your car in the underground garage at the Hotel Winter as hikes, tours and other activities can all be started on the doorstep.
Hiking & mountain climbing – from our hotel
- Hiking paradise of Obertauern: a variety of marked footpaths with of 100 km toatl length for pleasure hikers and ambitious sports enthusiasts
- Typical Salzburg delicacies in at the many alpine huts
- Cable car hiking on the Grünwaldkopf 10-seater cable car & Hochalm 6- seater chairlift (free transportation of dogs, wheelchairs & pushchairs) – Grünwaldkopf-Bahn valley station right next to the hotel
- Salzburger Almenweg: 31 stages along 350 km from alm to alm in the resorts of Pongau, 2 stages lead through Obertauern
- Bobby’s Adventure World at te Grünwaldsee Lake: paddle boot and pedalo rental, children's play stations (comfortable ascents on the cable car next to the hotel, start of the 3 lakes hike
- Alles Alm Family Hiking Fun on the Gnadenalm: pushchair-friendy circular walk, 10 play stations, alpine quiz, trail to the Johannes waterfall
- Wanderbus to Mauterndorf & in the resorts of the Salzburger Sportwelt – just € 1,00 per journey, bus stop right nearby
- Hikes start on the Hotel Winter's doorstep
Mountain biking – out and about on two wheels
- Mountain bike tours with unique mountain panorama to huts, alpine landscapes & peaks - varying difficulty levels
- Guided tours bookable at the local sports schools
- Bike transport on the Grünwaldkopf 10-seater cable car & Hochalm 6-seater chairlift
- Stoneman Taurista: the MTB-Trail in Salzburger Land offering 123 demanding km, 4,500 m elevation gain & 360° alpine views, past natural highlights in the region, such as the Johannes Waterfall, Rossbrand etc., 8 check points, Stoneman Taurista trophes in gold, silver or bronze
- Lovely tours starting the doorstep of our 3 star hotel
- For motorbikers: Obertauern lies right on the Route 99 (a total length of 116 km from Bischofshofen to Spittal an der Drau), lovely, popular passes accessible from Obertauern, z.B. Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse, Nockalmstrasse...
- Horse riding: riding stables & tuition in Tweng (approx. 9 km away)
- 3 golf course less than 45 km away: Golf Course Radstadt, Golf Course Lungau & Golf Course Dachstein Tauern
- Fishing & Angling Hundsfeldmoor, Taurachbach, Fürstenbrunn ponds...
- For action enthusiasts: mountain skyving, high ropes course Almseilgarten, further adventure sports available in the neighbouring resorts
Wildlife & Leisure Park in Untertauern
- Wildlife & Leisure Park in Untertauern with local wild animals & petting zoo: red & fallow deer, ponies, mini donkey, alpacas, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs etc.
- Large children's playground with large sandpit, a variety of swings, viewing platform, "Dancing Cable" (Flying Fox), pedal go-karts, trampoline...
- Bathing lake with sunbathing area, pedalo rental, beach volleyball court
- Fishing for beginners too at the Fürstenbrunn Ponds: river trout, char, rainbow trout, salmon trout & carp, fishing rod rental on site
- Perfect for a refreshment stop: rusti Wildlife Park Snug offering regional delicacies, freshly grilled & smoked fish in the Fisherman's Hut
- Familienrundweg Taurach-Schlucht